Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Chicken in my Kitchen

Thinking about the Cotswolds region, where cottage doorways are a tangle of roses, and where hens and geese casually wander into cottage kitchens, is giving me a sense of tranquility. So I painted these hens and roosters for my kitchen to give it a country cottage look. I made this frame the same way that a used to make my faux fireplace.

~Tuning-up~
Every morning compose your soul for a tranquil day, and all through it be careful often to recall your resolution, and bring yourself back to it, so to say. If something discomposes you, do not be upset, or troubled; but having discovered the fact, humble yourself gently before God, and try to bring your mind into a quiet attitude. Say to your self, "Well, I have made a false step; now I must go more carefully and watch-fully" Do this each time, however frequently you fall. When you are at peace use it profitably, making constant acts of meekness, and seeking to be calm even in the most trifling things. Above all, do not be discouraged; be patient; wait; strive to attain a calm, gentle spirit. ~St. Francois de Sales~

Have a wonderful day

2 comments:

Kelsie from Our Country Home and Studio Photography said...

Your paintings are just gorgeous, they have a lovely old world charm to them...I love the vibrancy of the colors also. Makes me miss my oil paints terribly.

I also enjoyed the sentiment of finding tranquility in the day...Thank you for sharing such wisdom and beauty.

Blessings Kelsie

Unknown said...

Thats a beautiful little mantra. Have a lovely day yourself. Dee x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...